CSR at Hasbro
Environment Health and Safety Policy
Hasbro is committed to protecting the health and safety of our workforce and conservation of the environment through effective environment, health, and safety management across our global operations.
We meet our commitment to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all employees through:
- An established global environment, health, and safety (EHS) management system based upon the most strict regulatory requirements and aligned with globally recognized best practices and standards including ISO 14001, SA 8000 and ANSI.
- Regularly assessing and auditing all our operations to measure conformance to our EHS policies and standards with the goal of continuous improvement.
- Producing products consistent with our environmental responsibility. Our stewardship includes careful conservation of the natural resources we use in all the areas of the company. We continue looking for ways to reduce waste, promote recycling, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and increase efficiency of our energy and water use. We take an active role in using both natural and recycled resources in an environmentally sound manner.
- A corporate governance structure with oversight over the company’s EHS policies, goals and objectives, and performance.
- Working with employees, customers, partners, suppliers, local communities, government agencies, and industry groups to meet our EHS responsibilities.
- Publicly reporting on progress made to achieve EHS goals under this policy, including annual greenhouse gas emissions auditing and data verification by an independent third-party and reporting though CDP.
Environment, health, and safety management is a priority area of accountability against which management performance is measured.